Catholic Charities West Michigan provides help for individuals and families throughout the 11-county Diocese of Grand Rapids, regardless of background or religion.
Attorney Kathleen Allen named CEO of Catholic Charities West Michigan (April 19, 2017)
Catholic Charities West Michigan President/CEO Terry Walsh leaving to lead Catholic Charities Hawai’i (July 22, 2016)
Bishop Walkowiak names new leader for Catholic Charities West Michigan (Aug. 21, 2013)
Deborah Nykamp to retire as President/CEO of Catholic Charities West Michigan
Read past issues of the Faith in Action Newsletter
The programs and services of Catholic Charities West Michigan have four distinct areas of emphasis:
- Community Outreach – food and pantry programs of God’s Kitchen including Meals on Wheels, Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry, God’s Kitchen Along the Lakeshore, Capital Lunch Suburban Meal Outreach and 2 Baby Pantries, Project Rachel (Post Abortion Reconciliation & Counseling), Representative Payee Services and Social Ministry Initiatives.
- Behavioral Health - counseling services for individuals & families. (Family, Individual, Child and Grief Counseling, Substance Abuse Treatment, Domestic Violence Group Counseling, Premarital Preparation.)
- Family Preservation - programs that strengthen families. (Abstinence Education & Support, Families First, Family Centered Services, Group Decision Making, Family Reunification, Family Issues & Parenting, Parenting Education, Families Together Building Solutions, Healthy Start/Healthy Families, Strong Families/Safe Children, Step Down, Teen Parenting, Pregnancy Counseling & Support and others.)
- Child Welfare - programs that keep children safe. (Adoption, Post Adoption, Post Adoption Search Services, Foster Care.)
- Senior Services - Foster Grandparents and Senior Companions
View CCWM Annual Report & Audited Financial Statement